Saturday, October 18, 2014

Sometimes; life really does get in the way.

    Lately I have been putting off till tomorrow what should be done today, and I know that it is really bad. It not only affects me on an emotional level, but it affects me on a physical level as well. It causes reactions to my actions or (lack of) actions. But I don't do it on purpose. It is one of the worst habits I have about me. PROCRASTINATION!! However, I truly think that sometimes life really does just get in the way, and procrastination is inevitable. 

      There are so many people and situations pulling us from left to right, and here and there. It's no wonder why we forget important things. Especially for me, being a single parent, working part time, and going to school full time I am hardly left for "me" time. Funny, because I do so much better when I allow myself to have that time, but the day ends before I know it, and it's already the next one.

      I think we can all relate that life just causes us to be put in situations that are not always favorable. Because of these inconveniences we really have to assess what is the most important, and prioritize accordingly. We need to develop habits that allow us to be effective, and not defective. You may be asking, "How do I develop effective habits?" Well, we must live by principles. Principles are the natural laws of the universe, and they also coincide with the law of attraction. By true definition: a principle is a fundamental truth or proposition that serves as the foundation for a system of belief or behavior or for a chain of reasoning. Whether you believe in the Law of Attraction or not, we must live by principles. For they are the foundation of living a good life.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading this post. I do believe that sometimes life get's in the way. I think that some times it needs to as well. It's been extremely easy for me to get through high school and my A.A. degree. But now, I'm starting my B.S. and it seems that every way the I turn life is throwing me unexpected curve balls. This is causing me to edit my life principles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel we are rowing in the same boat. Procrastination is not one of my better qualities and 'tomorrow' is always easier. What i enjoy most about reading your posts, though, are that they are extremely insightful. Rather than just reading about statistics on this and that, you provide your readers the guidance to become a better person and allow them to discover self-realization. Stick with your blogs because it definitely gives me a boost and helps me in my life, as well as others (i'm sure). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the past week, I've been struggling with procrastination. I've never had trouble with procrastination, but I guess at times, just like you said, it is inevitable. I do have some pretty hardcore principles. I think everyone must have at least a few principles that servers as the foundation of their belief and/or behavior.

    ReplyDelete