Saturday, September 13, 2014

Terrible, horrible, no good.... Wait! it doesn't have to be!!

   Let's pretend for a minute that you just woke up, but you woke up late. What goes on in your mind the moment you realize your alarm didn't perform the way you Thought it should? I can imagine that like me your first initial thought is "Crap! Now I have to hurry up and get ready, but I don't have time to shower; so I'll have to throw something on quick because if I don't get out of the house now I will have to deal with school zone traffic, and that will cause me to get every red light on the way, then I will arrive to school, and I won't find any parking places except a mile from the building I need to be in." 

   So you'll finally get to class but realize in your fury to rush to school you left your paper on your counter, and you'll make a 0 because your professor doesn't except late work (no exceptions) Ha! We all love those professors. Then you will still try to explain to him what happened, but he'll just say "sorry". You'll leave class angry, and have to walk to your next one, but realize you didn't eat this morning so maybe you'll have time to grab a bite (it's on the way to your next class anyway). You'll get to the line, and see that there's twenty people waiting with the same idea. Despite the lengthy line, you wait. 

   Finally you get to the counter and they are all out of the sandwich you wanted. Now you have to run to class on an empty stomach hungry, and even more angry.  Class starts, and all you can think about is how much you want to go home. Then you get called on during a class discussion, and because you were thinking about how hungry you were; you realized you had no idea what the professor was talking about. Now you are embarrassed, hungry, and even more upset. 

   Aah finally school is done for the day; so you get to your car, and there's a note on it saying you parked in the wrong spot; so you have a citation. GREAT!! "What else could possibly go wrong!!" you wonder. Well, we could go on and on about this terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.. but why? When all you have to do is stop thinking your day is going so wrong. Yup! It's really that simple. And I am going to give you the tools to help you make a bad day turn good no matter WHAT the situation may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment